Counseling and Guidance
Based on the framework of three-level mental health prevention services, promote good mental health:
1. Level one: Promote mental health and stimulate students' potential via various health-related activities. Assist students in establishing the concept of mental health, understanding methods of enhancing mental health, and developing their individual potential.
2. Level two: Discover any problems at an early stage in order to help students earlier. Assist students in individual discussion and handling the problem and stress of their lives by sorting them out of a high-risk group and tracking them.
3. Level three: Risk management and medical assistance. Immediately evaluate the risk ranking for those with more psychiatric difficulty, and assist in introducing the medical system to those in need. Assist students by connecting with their classmates, friends and teachers.
Details of the service:
(1) Individual Counseling: Using one-on-one interview to help counselees to know themselves and to solve their problems in order to change and to progress. Besides counselors, there are also psychologists available to do the counseling when needed.
(2) Promotion of mental health events: Host events such as, workshop, film discussion, study club, and group activities.
(3) Psychological tests: To offer all kinds of testing about interests, personality, learning and so on.
4. Special week event for mental health: There will be services of event about gender, life experience, and so on.
5. Counseling events for students who change their major, transfer to the university or for the first-year students.
6. Counseling information: Articles on the internet, books, magazines, and tapes are available in the Center for teachers and students to borrow.
Disabilities Resource Room
Our Center provides service for disabled students as below:
1. Space and equipment in Disabilities Resource Room: Such as language learning machine, computer with large monitor (for sight-disabled students), recording pen (for hearing-disabled students), wheelchair, cane, picture books, audio CD book, recorder, headphone, and so on.
2. Exam counseling: Assist in arranging examination rooms and methods in accordance with disabled students’ needs.
3. Give disabled students a chance for a part-time job in the Center.
4. Extra course counseling: Arrange faculty members to counsel students individually or in groups in accordance with students’ needs or special difficulty in study.
5. Connecting: Assist disabled freshmen and graduates in adapting to campus life, further study and employment.
6. Employment counseling: Assist graduating students in planning and preparing their employment in the future; assist other students to explore their career options and provide information related to further study.
7. On-campus administration coordination: Coordinate with the relevant units to meet students’ special needs.
8. Welfare resources: Announcement of latest events, scholarships, job opening for on- and off-campus part-time jobs, further study, employment, study aboard and latest social service information.
<Taipei Campus> Disabilities Resource Room on Taipei Campus is on the 1st floor of A Building (next to Campus Health Services Section), please call extension 2266.
<Taoyuan Campus> Disabilities Resource Room on Taoyuan Campus is on the 2nd floor of Financial Technology Building (S212), please call extension 3768, 5382, 5383.